11 February 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook February 9 Edition

Outside my window...cold, quiet surrounds the house.

Praising God...for the many ways He provides us with connection.


In prayer for...a friend who is trying to sort out health issues.

I am thinking...about my 16th birthday roses that my daddy sent to school for me. Twice.

I am thankful...for a father who always made sure I knew I was special to him.

In the kitchen... sauteed boneless, skinless chicken thighs, mixed green and wax beans with carrots, and spinach and strawberry salad.

I am wearing... gray, cozy yoga pants and an old green top that is so large it's bordering on annoying instead of comfortable.


I am creating...a craving for fitness.


I am going...on many upcoming adventures.

I am wondering...why so many parents miss the joy in this season of parenting.
 

I am reading...On the Banks of Plum Creek with my dear daughter, magazines for myself. Everyday with Rachael Ray came with a copy of Family Circle and Good Housekeeping this month. I need a new, grand book to read.

I am hoping...for expediency on certain things.

I am looking forward to...more people.

I am learning...from my children. Every.single.day.
 

Around the house...we are preparing to paint (as soon as I have time to go to the store and nail down the exact colors). 
  
I am pondering...the lack of understanding most of us have on topics such as domestic violence, drug abuse, and child endangerment.
One of my favorite things...being thought of by others. Dear husband brought me my favorite coffee this evening.

A few plans...celebrating my birthday with dinner out, revamping the household systems, a Valentine party/book club, taking the kids to join a new 4H club, taking myself to a couple seminars, and, somewhere in there, decorating a birthday cake.

A word from the Lord:"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-25

A favorite quote...
“God works through different men/women in different ways, but it is the same God who achieves his purposes through them all” (1 Cor.12:6). God uses all types to type his message. Logical thinkers. Emotional worshippers. Dynamic leaders. Docile followers. The visionaries who lead, the studious who ponder, the generous who pay the bills. Action-packed verbs. Rock-solid nouns. Enigmatic question marks. Alone, we are meaningless symbols on a page. But collectively, we inspire. “All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a separate and necessary part of it” (1Cor 12:27).-Max Lucado


A photo to share: 

We attended a field trip on Monday to our local county courthouse. The former jail use fire-proof, so they use it to store documents. We got to go inside!

to learn more about this great community and to link-up your own blog post!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment