16 October 2014

A Simple Double Blog Hop: Four Seasons and a Daybook

www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com





Outside my window... Autumn fog shadowing the colors of October.

Praising God... for His hedge of protection.


In prayer for...one of my most precious relationships.

I am thinking... about slowing down and why I need that, why we all need that right now.

I am thankful... that our fall festival was a big success, and we all had fun.

In the kitchen... grain-free cinnamon coffee cake.

I am wearing... miss-matched pajamas.


I am creating...learning moments that last.


I am going... to breathe deep, slow down, and listen more. and maybe say nothing at all.

I am wondering... how this feels so normal already in so many ways, but so lonely in so many more.
 

I am reading... Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers. Of course, it is amazing.
 

I am hoping... for a couple of truly, heartfelt, new connections. Soon.

I am looking forward to...Saturday at home to get some real planning and cleaning accomplished.

I am learning... to notice the good first.
 

Around the house... grocery trip planning in the midst of teaching my favorite people all day.
 

I am pondering... next steps.
 
One of my favorite things... driving or walking through the Autumn landscape.

A few plans: grocery shopping, taking my husband to an appointment, son to a lock-in, a slower-paced weekend.

A word from the Lord: "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 (I encourage you to read the whole Psalm. It is one of my favorites).

A photo to share: I was still in my PJs this morning, so I didn't want to walk to the end of the driveway to make this a better shot. Still, isn't the fog over the fall colors in the trees lovely (in spite of the power lines)? 




Visit The Simple Woman 
for both of these blog hops.

1 comment: